Crafting is a hobby that I love, and I make my living from. You could say I have my cake and I eat it. (I love cake too)
So what is the tool I can not live without. Well there are several, but the old saying goes
Measure twice, cut once
The measuring tools I use in my crafting are varied.
- Needle gauge – for measuring the size of your knitting needles
- WPI gauge – (wraps per inch) for deciding if the wool I am using is double knitting or 4 ply
- Seam guide – to ensure my sewn seams are all 1/4 inch wide
- metre rule – for measuring my fat quarters
- bead gauge, picot gauge, hem gauge, sewing gauge.
There is a gauge for most things.
So which one would I choose?
All of them because in there own way they make my life easier, and that can only be a good thing.